Crystal Beach Lakeview
Our community was originally developed in the 1960s in the City of Nepean. Now part of Ottawa, it is one of the city’s most desirable neighbourhoods. The CBLCA comprises of approximately 1200 households seen in the map below.
The Crystal Beach Lakeview Community Association (CBLCA) is a volunteer organization whose executive team is elected by the community. The association’s objectives are to promote and protect the interests and quality of life of the residents of the Crystal Beach Lakeview community, in accordance with its constitution :
- to act as a community spokesperson and advocate in promoting and protecting the interests of the community;
- to monitor current or proposed legislation and government policies and practices that affect or may affect the community;
- to inform community residents of any matters that may have an impact on the interests and quality of life of the community;
- to organize activities that foster a sense of community;
- to promote opportunities for citizen engagement with City of Ottawa initiatives and planning processes;
- to encourage the participation of local businesses, residents, and organizations, in community activities; and
- to establish mechanisms to ensure inclusiveness and to encourage the participation of residents in the affairs of their community.
The community is divided into 5 zones (as seen in above map), each with its own representative. Zone Reps keep their finger on the pulse of their zone. Please feel free to contact your Zone Rep or other members of the executive with any issues, ideas or concerns.
Committees are made up of CBLCA executive members and community volunteers. If you would like to be part of a committee, or have a suggestion/comment please let us know!
Parks and Recreation – (Chair: Amanda Firby) To facilitate various recreational activities for the community
Transportation, Transit and Infrastructure – (Chair: Kate Twiss) To further the Crystal Beach Lakeview community’s interest in the area of anything that relates to transportation, transit, and infrastructure.
Communications – (Chair: Geoffrey de-Launay) To inform and engage the community through multiple channels.
Meet the CBLCA for 2024
Hope Ring (Temporary)
Zone 1 Rep
Zone 2 Rep
Zone 3 Rep
Zone 4 Rep
Zone 5 Rep
Parks & Recreation Committee Chair
Transportation, Transit and Infrastructure Committee Chair
Communications Committee Chair