Safety procedures have been put in place for the reopening of Maki
House. To resume group use of Maki House, contact email@example.com.
How do I run an activity at Maki House?
Activities and classes at Maki House are organized through the Crystal Beach Lakeview Community Association. Unlike a private booking through the City, non-profit recreational activities at Maki House can be booked at no cost in either Sullivan Room (capacity 50) and Gravelle Room (capacity 30).
Any new activities at Maki running between June 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021 must be booked by March 15, 2020.
Maki House activity criteria
Activities will be approved based on the following criteria:
- The activity must meet the needs of the community.
- Open to all (but can be aimed at specific ages i.e. children, teen, adult or seniors programs).
- Non-religious or political in subject matter or purpose.
- Low-risk (no knife throwing clubs!).
- Non-profit (although instructors can be paid for their instruction time).
Due to City of Ottawa regulations and insurance policies, all Maki House and Maki Park activities and programs must have contracts in place for dates from June 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021.
- All activity dates for the entire year must be included. Dates cannot be added after March 15, 2020.
- Activity dates can be cancelled later—it is recommended to include all possible dates needed and remove dates later if the activity will not run.
- Existing programs will be given priority for dates/times, with new programs added to open time slots/room.
- The deadline to submit activities and dates is March 15, 2020.
- Contracts will be finalized in May 2020. These activities can run anytime from June 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021.
Visit the Maki House calendar on this site (Due to the Pandemic, this info is NOT accurate, contact us for accurate into) to see when open time slots are available in each room. Existing activities will have priority to re-book their current time slots, with new activities added in available time slots.
A $5.00 activity fee will be added to the cost of each activity, per session (Fall, Winter/Spring, or Summer). The activity fee replaces the $10.00 annual membership fee from previous years.
Fitness instructors must hold current First Aid/CPR/AED and a fitness certification in the related area of instruction. Proof of certifications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or concerns?
If you have questions about a new or existing Maki House program, please feel free to ask!
Contact: Amanda Firby, CBCLA Parks and Rec Chair, email@example.com