Crystal Beach Lakeview
Our community was originally developed in the 1960s in the City of Nepean. Now part of Ottawa, it is one of the city’s most desirable locations for new families.
The Crystal Beach Lakeview Community Association (CBLCA) is a volunteer organization elected by the community. The Association’s objectives are to promote and protect the interests and quality of life of the residents of the Crystal Beach Lakeview community, in accordance with the constitution :
- to act as a community spokesperson and advocate in promoting and protecting the interests of the community;
- to monitor current or proposed legislation and government policies and practices that affect or may affect the community;
- to inform community residents of any matters that may have an impact on the interests and quality of life of the community;
- to organize activities that foster a sense of community;
- to promote opportunities for citizen engagement with City of Ottawa initiatives and planning processes;
- to encourage the participation of local businesses, residents, and organizations, in community activities; and
- to establish mechanisms to ensure inclusiveness and to encourage the participation of residents in the affairs of their community.
The community is divided into 5 zones (as seen in above map), each with its own representative. Zone Reps keep their finger on the pulse of their zone.
The association is comprised of an elected executive including the Zone Reps, plus several Committees established to address the various issues that affect the community. Please feel free to contact your Zone Rep or other members of the executive with any issues or concerns.
Meet the CBLCA for 2018
Zone 1 Rep
Zone 2 Rep
Zone 3 Rep
Zone 4 Rep
Zone 5 Rep and Constitution Committee Chair
Parks & Recreation Committee Chair
Communications Committee Chair
Transportation Committee Chair
Committees are made up of CBLCA executive members and community volunteers. If you would like to be part of a committee, or have a suggestion/comment please let us know.
Current committees are:
Communications – (Chair: Emma Osgoode) to help improve two way communications between the CBLCA and the community, as result of concerns expressed by the community during the last community-wide survey.
Parks and Recreation – (Chair: Susie Crowe) To facilitate various social/recreational activities for the community
Transportation – (Chair: Ian McConnachie) To represent the community in the on-going consultation process with the City of Ottawa in regards to the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and the upcoming Light Rapid Transit (LRT) projects
Constitution – (Chair: Carrie Elliott) To amend / update the existing CBLCA constitution.