There are currently two opportunities to provide your feedback about how Ottawa will change and grow around us, now and for years to come.
- Online polls about each of the Five Big Moves by September 16th
- Consultation session Thursday Sept 19th, 7-9 pm at Old Forge, 2730 Carling Ave., hosted by Theresa Kavanagh
The City is proposing to make a number of significant policy changes through the Official Plan to make Ottawa the most liveable mid sized city in North America. Known as the ‘Five Big Moves’, the following statements capture the most significant policy proposals for the new Official Plan:
- Growth: Achieve, by the end of its planning period, more growth by intensification than by greenfield development. This growth will provide a variety of affordable housing options for residents.
- Mobility: By 2046, the majority of trips in the City of Ottawa will be made by sustainable transportation.
- Urban Design: Improve our sophistication in urban and community design, and put this knowledge to the service of good urbanism at all scales, from the largest to the very small.
- Resiliency: Embed public health, environmental, climate and energy resiliency into the framework of our planning policies.
- Economy: Embed economic development into the framework of our planning policies.
All updates on the Official Plan available at ottawa.ca/newOP
CBLCA is exploring the possibility of a community meeting or an engagement session during our Annual General Meeting later this fall to really delve into some of the issues as a community. Stay tuned!