The National Capital Commission (NCC), in collaboration with Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC), invites you to participate in an online public consultation on the replacement of the Alexandra Bridge.
The Alexandra Bridge is one of five interprovincial bridges in Canada’s Capital Region that link the cities of Ottawa, Ontario, and Gatineau, Quebec. Now 120 years old, the bridge is at the end of its service life and is due for replacement. It is currently undergoing repairs which will allow it to stay in service until it is replaced 10 years from now.
The NCC and PSPC are currently in the pre-planning phase of the project. Site work is scheduled to begin in 2028, and construction of the new bridge is expected to be completed by 2032.
Public engagement for this project will include several phases of public consultation at key stages of the planning and design process.
This first online consultation gives you an opportunity to:
- learn about the Alexandra Bridge replacement project;
- share your thoughts and concerns about how you feel you may be affected by the project;
- propose ideas to minimize any adverse effects and enhance any benefits that the project may have;
- share your thoughts on design guidelines for the replacement of the Alexandra Bridge; and
- propose ideas as to how you think the history and built heritage of the Alexandra Bridge should be celebrated after its replacement.
To complete the questionnaire: click here