Check out our Tuesday programming throughout November:
- October 30th: Halloween Potluck at Maki House, 1:30 p.m. We’ll serve 2 of your favorite comfort foods: Chili con Carne and Macaroni and Cheese. Guests can bring appetizers, salads or desserts. We will be charging only $5.00 per person. Music and singing with Paul and Jim will follow lunch. Wear a costume or a silly hat if you wish.
- November 6th: Coffee and Conversation at Maki House, 1:30 p.m. Drop by for a chat and refreshments.
- November 13th: Visit the Museum of Nature. Meet at Maki House at 12:30 p.m. to carpool. See the Butterflies Live conservatory (colourful butterflies all around you!) and enjoy a guided tour of the newly updated Arctic Gallery. We need to know who is coming to order tickets and book a time slot to see the butterflies. Admission $12.50 for Seniors plus $5.00 for the butterflies. Please reply by Nov. 7th to email@example.com.
- November 20th: Aging in your Home, Maki House, 1:30 p.m. A talk by Christine Forget of Solva Senior Living. Most of us hope to remain in our home as long as we can. But we may need assistance for ourselves, our partner or a parent as well as help with the house. Useful advice for the future and some information about housing choices if you find you can’t or don’t wish to remain in your home.
- November 27th: Movie Matinee at Maki House, 1:30 p.m. “Quartet” is an enchanting movie starring Maggie Smith and some of your favourite British actors. It takes place in a residence for retired musicians and classical music fills the air as they rehearse for a concert.Popcorn as well! 1:30 p.m.
Want to be included on the Friendship Club’s email list? Get reminders and updates throughout the month, or send ideas for outings or guest speakers by contacting club organizer, Judy Leeson at firstname.lastname@example.org.