Wheel Day 2019 was a great success. You are all resilient neighbours and came out in droves on a drizzly morning. On behalf of CBLCA, thank you for your enthusiasm and support for these types of community events that are intended to build relationships among neighbours, promote volunteerism, and have some fun.
Wheel Day by the numbers:
- Over 200 participants
- Approx. 50 in the bike parade
- 13 biking for beers and approx. 12 others joined up later at the brewery
- Approx. 30 kids in the bike safety rodeo
- 34 volunteers!
- 4 vendors
- 6 sponsors
A HUGE HUGE thanks to our dozens of volunteers to help make Wheel Day happen. Thirty-four volunteers helped to plan the event, design posters, print posters, promote the event, set up and clean up the park, and run all the events during the day. You all showed up at the right place at the right time and made the day run so smoothly. We cannot thank you enough.
Thanks also to our vendors that came to make our day great:
- OnDeck Skateboard Shop. Check out their indoor skateboarding space and summer camps too!
- Hippo in the Bathtub. Check out their options for personal swimming lessons.
- Fantasy Face Painting. Check out their event and birthday party services.
- Z’s Bike Fix. Check out his bike repair on Aero Drive at Holly Acres.
Lastly, thank you to our generous sponsors that made this event possible:
- Patti Brown of Susan Chell Team Realty Inc.
- BeetBox Cooperative Farm
- ROC Swimming
- Zone 3 Sports
- Ralph and Sons Diner
- Kichesippi Brewery
Next year, we hope for dry conditions so tennis and pickleballs can be flying, skateboards rolling, and kids swimming!