Upcoming AGM: Help create our vision of CBL
On Wednesday, November 4th, from 7-9 PM, CBLCA is hosting our first, and hopefully last, online annual general meeting (via Zoom). This is an important event for our community association, and we need your help.
You must register in advance for this meeting using this link.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
First, I’d like to highlight some of the things that CBLCA does to help create our vision for CBL:
- We engage with you to know what needs to be addressed
- We advocate for the community to all levels of government
- We make sure the community has a voice in discussions regarding proposed developments in and around the neighbourhood
- We offer recreational programs in our community and manage Maki Rink
- We manage Maki House, offering rent-free space to community groups
- We organize community events like Wheel Day and Winter Carnival, and can help support street parties and other community-led initiatives
- We keep you informed via our website, newsletters and on social media
Who makes this happen? People just like you! This year, join us on the Executive to help make our community vision for CBL a reality!
There will be a number of open executive positions with CBLCA this coming year: Vice President, Treasurer, Communications Chair, Transportation Transit and Infrastructure Chair, Zone 2, and Zone 4 reps. Everyone is welcome to participate in the election at the AGM. The only requirement is that you live in the community and are interested in getting in strengthening our community.
The executive team is inclusive and welcoming to diverse backgrounds, experiences and ages – whether you are brand new to CBL or have lived here your whole life.
Being part of CBLCA is a great way to make a difference and to meet people in the neighbourhood (that was part of the reason I first joined). At our monthly meetings, we discuss ongoing community issues and plan events and activities. Our 3 standing committees, Transit Transportation Infrastructure Committee (TTIC), Parks and Recreation, and Communications, work regularly behind-the-scenes to keep the wheels in motion.
If you are interested in joining CBLCA and/or want more information, please send me an email at CBLCApresident@gmail.com to discuss the opportunity. Let me know if you have a specific executive position in mind. If not, we can find one that fits!